User defaults

I am saving a number of largish files as tab delimited and have to
select the parameters in the export box each time.  Is there a way to
change the defaults from "UNIX line feed", "comma delimited" etc so they
always default to the ones I commonly use?

A similar annoyance is the file open/import dialogs which always default
to my home directory (every time I open the dialog) which may be a long
way off in the file tree from where I am actually working.

Config file somewhere I have missed?

BillK