Re: Can't Configure Gnumeric 1.0.2

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:19:24AM -0500, Jeffrey Stephens wrote:

checking for libole2 >= 0.2.4                        ... <FAIL> not found
configure: error: This version of gnumeric requires an external
libole2 library the latest version can be obtained from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/libole2/

This is almost certainly an issue with installing from source an
packages at once.  I'll bet gnome-libs is in 1 prefix, and libole is
in another.

set the env variable GNOME_PATH to contain the prefix used by
libole, delete config.cache in gnumeric and rerun configure.

I have tried a previous suggestion posted to this list that I recompile libole2 with --prefix=/usr. I did this and after install ran "./configure" on Gnumeric 1.0.2. This time "./configure" ran fine. I am now compiling Gnumeric 1.0.2. I haven't yet detected any adverse results from my previous, and perhaps foolish, copying of
libgnomeole2*files from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib.

Regards,
Jeff Stephens