Re: Problems with special characters

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 12:40:20PM +0100, Christoph Fabianek wrote:
Hi,

I have the following problem with Gnumeric 1.0.1: Text containing special
characters (e.g., äöüß) is not displayed correctly in the cells i.e., it only
displays the characters till the first special character (example:
"zurückgeben" becomes "zur"), although the text is shown completely in the
"data entry area".

I have recently set up my computer from scratch (Debian/testing with gnumeric
from unstable) and perhaps something is missing, but no other applications
(including Gnome-Apps) show this behaviour. Does anyone know a solution?

I've got the same problem with gnucash and some others programs so it could
be a gnome lib feature :) some times this is OK and some time this bug
comes back :(

Éric

--
(                  Eric Seigne                         )
( Membre de l'ABUL             Groupe éducation        )