gnumeric/gnome2

Well, from the develper site:

----------------
Using the vicious-build-scripts is by no means the official way to build GNOME 2.0 but it is a fast and generally painless way to build the GNOME 2.0 platform.

I am finding it anything but painless.

Okay I can handle that I shouldn't be using gcc 2.96 (on mandrake 8.0)
If I follow the instructions on the developer site and use gnome-head it turns out that it needs gdk-pixbuf in /gnome/head _but_ it never installs it there!

Prehaps release rather than head will do it (since release does list it in its modules list)

Aaarghh

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow