Re: v0.3 of Styleguide / Colour

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 07:48, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
Alexander Kirillov wrote:

- we should use American English: "color", not "colour". I am not saying
  that American is better than British (I am Russian so I am neutral)
  but we definitely need to use the same dialect of English throughout
  the   docs, and it seems that more people prefer American. British
  can create localized version of the docs in locale en_GB

I guess we should create a version for locale en_CA (or what would be
the code for Canada). We choose words like the Americans but spell them
like British.

So I'm not alone!

I grew up in Brussels (but with my last name, I'm pretty american) so I
mix and match according to perculiar rules. It does not hurt
communication in any way for the sections I write to have a french
flavour to their english. We are a diverse community and write like one.
I don't object in the slightest if your spell check sweep replaces my
words with your spelling but I'm not likely to change the way I type.

I need to visit Canada since they sound as confused as me! Oh and then I
could create a personal locale en_LOST. :-)

--adrian custer