Re: v0.3 of Styleguide

Jody Goldberg wrote:

Section Naming:
 Sections should be both an abbreviated version of their title as
 well as their parent section.  These are hyphen-delimited.

Seems viable as long a we know there are no id length limitations.

In the past there was a limit. Has it changed?

Screenshots:
 Screenshots will follow the GDP's guidelines for screenshots.
 For up to date information on screenshot requirements, please
 see the GDP guidelines on CVS:
        /cvs/gnome-docu/gdp/style/screenshots.sgml

With emphasis on : common theme.  Although I am not sure I agree
with the notion of including window manager decorations we should
adhere to the standard.

If you check the analysis tools section in the gnumeric documentation, you will hopefully find (as I found) that on some screenshots it is appropriate to show both a dialog (or part thereof) and the gnumeric spreadsheet. This would look weird without any window manager decorations

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow