Re: Gnumeric 1.0.0

Dave Reed wrote:

Thanks to the two replies (one off list), I found the problem. RedHat
7.2 has both libxml and libxml2. The include files for libxml are in
/usr/include/gnome-xml and the include files for libxml2 are in
/usr/include/libxml so the libxml2 include files are being found.

I'm still trying to figure out what the best solution is. I'm thinking
it may be easiest to just to rename directories while I compile and
then rename them back to their original names afterwards.

That was essentially my solution. I renamed libxml to libxml2 and linked libxml to gnome-xml. I never bothered to undo it since I haven't yet needed to compile anything with libxml2 (but tend to compile gnumeric every day).

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow