No graphs in Gnumeric

Attempts to work with graphs in Gnumeric 1.0.0 still fail for me with the
following error:

** WARNING **: 'Nothing matched the requirements.' : while attempting to activate a graphing component.
oaf-run-query "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Gnumeric/Graph_v1/Manager:1.0')"
should return a value.

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

I have gnumeric 1.0.0 built from the source, although it has previously
failed in the same way from RPMS. I have the following related packages
(and can of course enquire about any others that are relevant) all of
them are from Red Hat / Rawhide RPMS.

Guppi-0.40.0-1
bonobo-1.0.14-1
oaf-0.6.7-1