Re: Feasibility of system() plugin?
- From: Zbigniew Chyla <cyba gnome pl>
- To: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- Cc: Leigh Smith <leigh tomandandy com>, gnumeric-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Feasibility of system() plugin?
- Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:43:57 +0100
On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 12:09:14, Jody Goldberg wrote:
That has several flaws.
98) We'd want some parsing info on how to parse the results.
99) The interface would need some work to define refresh handling
(polling interval vs monitoring a file for a change)
This type of operation is common enough that we will add the notion
of an external data source to gnumeric. However, I have not given it
much consideration yet.
Some time ago I tried to implement plugin loader for plugins using XML-RPC
protocol. You couldn't create very complex functions using XML-RPC, but for
simple tasks (like retrieving share prices) it would work very well.
This way you could also do calculations on remote machine.
] [Thread Prev