quick questions about gnumeric.

I'm working on building a control interface for theatrical lighting around
gnumeric.  The following features would be very useful to me: can I get a
quick indication of whether they are already present, whether somebody is
working on them, or whether I ought to code them myself?

 - customized column/row headings. (This was mentioned in the TODO).
   I'd like to be able to label rows 'cue 1' 'cue 2', etc and columns
   'channel 1', 'channel 2', etc.  Alternatively, some functionality
   (I think Excel has this) where you can make a given row into a 'header'
   row, so that it will stick to the top of the screen and remain there
   when you've scrolled down.
 - 'locked' cells.  I'd like to lay out a template sheet and make some
    cells (like the column/row headings mentioned above) unmodifiable.
    I read somewhere (the online manual?) that Gnumeric imports
    Excel's "locked" bit but doesn't currently do anything with it.
    Is this being worked on?
 - Customizable key-mappings/invoking a script from within gnumeric.
   I'd like to be able to map, say, F1 to "cue go" and invoke a script
   that will read the currently-selected row of the spreadsheet,
   do some munging on it, send it out the serial port, then change the
   selection to the next row.  It seems like the CORBA bindings may let
   me do portions of this (reading/setting the selection, perhaps?) but
   can I invoke the script from withing gnumeric?

I think those are the crucial features I need---and if they're not present
I'm willing to code them myself---but I was hoping that someone more
familiar with the codebase could give me a quick overview of what's
already done/what's easy/what's hard about this.

Thanks!
 --scott

quiche Sugar Grove Indonesia FSF NRA CIA security Sigint Legion of Doom
munitions blowfish Hager plastique Washington atomic Khaddafi kibo
              ( http://lesser-magoo.lcs.mit.edu/~cananian )