Re: Gnumeric 1.0.11

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:27:06 -0500
Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 11:55:19AM -0300, John Coppens wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:17:59 -0500
Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:

Gnumeric 1.0.11 'Ray Ray Ray your boat' is now available.

I get this error compiling 1.0.11:

In file included from global-gnome-font.c:15:
/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeprint/gnome-font.h: At top level:
/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeprint/gnome-font.h:199: parse error before
`GdkFont'

configure:17922: result: <yes > found gnome-print-0.37

Seems a bit weird, and the error appears to be generated by 'GdkFont
*...' which is correctly defined in gdk.h.

My best guess would be that you somehow have multiple copies of
gnome-print kicking around that are stepping on each others toes.
Try doing
    gnome-config --cflags print

Then manually compiling the file that fails and tacking on a -E
flag.  If you pore over the resulting spew (be sure to redirect that
to a file) you should be able to find the path used to include
gnome-print.  If it is different from the gnome-config version
you're in business.

Hi Jody...

All this mess is because of a disk crash a few weeks ago. Bad
power connector... 90% of all in back online, but still suffering.\
BTW - this is also the reason I didn't update the screenshots yet.

I did a locate 'libgnomeprint' and get two versions.:

/opt/gnome/include/gnome-1.0/libgnomeprint
/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeprint

Then I followed your suggestion, and got

# 1 "/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeprint/gnome-font.h" 1
and
-I/opt/gnome/include/gdk-pixbuf-1.0 (from the gnome-config)

Now what? Should I simply delete both and recompile gnomeprint
or maybe delete one and symlink it to the other one? Either solution
seems messy...

Thanks,
John