conditional format

Excel has this feature where you can set the format of the cell if
certain conditions are met.

This is a widely used feature where I work.
People use the spreadsheet to make a roster (schedule).

So for example they enter an "N" in a cell (to symbolize a night-shift),
and the background color of the cell immediatly changes to blue.
They use different colors for dayshifts and  eveningshifts.

On the bottom row they count the number of "N"s or "D"s etc. If the
count goes below 5, the backgroundcolor of that cell turns red.

In this way they can easily see where the difficult spots are in the
roster.

One major disadvantage Excel has, is that there is a maximum limit of 3
simultaneous conditions. (e.g.: N=blue, D=yellow E=green). People at my
work would to love to have more than 3 simultaneous conditional format
specifications.
Maybe this is a thing where Gnumeric could surpass Excel?

Could you tell me if such a feature is planned for Gnumeric?

Thanks

--Tino Meinen