Re: gnumeric XML incompatibilities

Nils,

I found the same problem between .48 and .61.  I run gnumeric on a Red Hat
6.2 box and currently have .64 installed on all of my machines.  After a lot
of research my coworker and I found that .64 is a very stable version and has
a fair number of enhancements over .48 and even .61 to make it worth moving
to this version (.64)  We are now evaluating the latest version to see if the
enhancements since .64 are worth installing or waiting one more version
release.

If you are going to go thru the effort of compiling a static version of
gnumeric I would compile .64 or higher.

Any questions feel free to write.

Good Luck,

Alan

alan pwsinc com

Daniel Veillard wrote:

  I didn't follow the gnumeric file format evolution in the last year,
and I'm not the best person to ask.

  It seems that the best is probably to recompile a (static ?)
version of 0.61 which would run on Red Hat 6.2 .

Daniel