Re: Configure can't find GAL 0.14

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 02:30 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:29:12PM -0500, Reuben D Budiardja wrote:
Hi,
I downloaded gnumeric 0.73. During configure, it stoped at :checking for

Gnome App libraries (GAL) >= 0.14                          ... <FAIL> not
found
configure: error: You need at least GNOME Application libs 0.14 for this
version of Gnumeric

I had installed gal-0.14 and gal-devel-0.14 using rpm before. Why it
still can't find it? The same problem appeared with gnumeric-0.72

I am using Redhat 7.2.

Alot depends on what prefix you are compiling vs the prefix the rpms
were compiled in.

Use GNOME_PATH to point gnome-config at the gal installation.

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean. I'm rather newbie in this kind of
stuff.
Do you mean I need to set up the global var GNOME_PATH to point to
gnome-config at the gal installation?

how do I do that?

Thanks.
Rdb