Re: Solver

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:31:17AM -0200, Vinicius Provenzano wrote:
Hello people!

I was very glad to find out that Gnumeric has a solver. Now I can
abandom MS Office stuff... I'd like to contact solver developers to try
to help some way, even if I'm not a developer... If someone can give me
some hiints, plesae, contact me!

The solver was written by Jukka-Pekka Iivonen and is currently
maintained by the gnumeric team.  Help is always appreciated.  We
could use
    - More test cases for the solver engine.
    - More test cases for .xls import & export
    - Improved documentation

This holds true for most of gnumeric.  You don't need to be a
developer to contribute.  High quality tests and detailed bug
reports are very helpful.  Just writing up the details of a
nifty feature in another spreadsheet is useful.

This list is the best place to discuss things.
    Jody