gnumeric 0.70 on IRIX

I have just installed the latest (latest for the SGI Freeware site that is) version of gnumeric (0.70) plus
all the other freeware packages that are needed to install it without conflicts.  These were all obtained
from http://freeware.sgi.com.  I installed them on an SGI Origin 3200, running IRIX 6.5.13.  When I try to
run gnumeric, I get the following:

        Message: successfully registered 'OAFIID:GNOME_Gnumeric_GridFactory'
        Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
        Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Prior to this, I had version 0.64 of gnumeric which worked OK, well it worked anyway.
Does anyone know why I am getting this error?  I know 0.70 is not the latest version, but I believe it is the
latest version available pre-packaged for installation under IRIX 6.5.x.  I really do not want to have to
compile and link source from scratch.

Finally, is there any other package we need to be able to plot from gnumeric (ie get histograms, pie charts,
etc as you can from Excel)?  We tried this under version 0.64, but it did not work.

Thanks,
Bob Knottley

QinetiQ ltd
Cody Technology Park
Building  A5,  Room 1026
Ively Road,  Farnborough
Hampshire  GU14 0LX
United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0) 1252 39 4766
Fax +44 (0) 1252 39 3749
rjknottley QinetiQ com
www.QinetiQ.com

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.