Re: Annual CORBA question !!

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 08:20:12AM -0500, Adam Williams wrote:

If Gnumeric is exposed via CORBA (it is a Bonobo component?) couldn't
one theoretically script with any language that supports CORBA bindings
(python, corba script, etc...)  Or is the CORBA exposure not yet to this
point?

It does expose some of its api via CORBA.  The issue is that the api
is not supported and is not well thought out.  Our scripting
solution will be language neutral, but most importantly we need to
decide on what the api & object model should look like.  It is too
easy to get this wrong for us to rush it.