Re: After upgrade to RedHat 7.0, gnumeric no longer works.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 08:33:54PM -0600, Steve Cohen wrote:
Also running the RPM Verify function over gnumeric-0.54-4.i386.rpm (the
RPM that came with the install) tells me that everything is in order,
but obviously, it isn't.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?  All other GNOME graphical
applications seem to work, such as GXEdit, GIMP, gnotepad, gedit,
Calendar, VIM, etc.

Actually everything is in order with gnumeric.  The problem you are
seeing is with another package that gnumeric depends on,
gnome-print.  Older versions of gnome-print some times missed fonts
when getting configured.  I believe the most common source of
problems was that it did not explicitly depend on ghostscript font
packages.

My recommendation would be to
1) Install ghostscript and its fonts

2) Get more recent packages for gnome-print and gnumeric
gnome-print >= 0.25
gnumeric    >= 0.61 (current release is 0.63)

Good luck