Re: c&p from gnumeric

On Tue, 2001-06-19 at 19:10:22, Almer S. Tigelaar wrote:

(...)
Indeed, the problem is probably that we need to get the plugins to write
their data not to a file (which they all do now), but to
memory. This isn't overly hard but requires some modifications to the
plugins themselves and the plugin subsystem.

I disagree. We need _another_ interface for importing/exporting data
from/to X selection. For example, when saving HTML file, we want the whole
HTML document (together with global styles, etc.). When exporting HTML via
X selection, we want only <table> tag and we can't use global styles (we
should be able to paste the data in terminal and use it as part of other
HTML document).
I've got some code implementing such interface (together with two extra
plugin services), but it's not finished yet.
Of course, we need real HTML importer/exporter too, but it's another
story...

Zbigniew