Re: c&p from gnumeric

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 08:40:56PM +1200, Nicholas Lee wrote:

Is there a way to cut and paste 'figures/results' (rather than equations)
from gnumeric?

ie.  Say I want to select and paste a table from gnumeric into my email
client (mutt) in a standard text terminal.

Is there a nice way to do it?  Or should this be a feature request?

This has worked for a long time.  The only pending feature request
is the potential to conrol the export format to allow for exporting
things as latex or html when pasting.  For now when you paste into
an app other than gnumeric it is always text.

 Of course it's technically possible (by writing additional code) to provide
data in multiplie formats at the same time (text, html, latex or even rtf) so
that smart apps will be able to paste in whatever format they think is richer.
It's easily possible to do this using gtk, without any X calls.

 Alas 99.9999% of open source apps (kde and gnome ones) don't do that, mostly
because their authors are unaware of this technical ability I guess :(

 Best regards,
  -Vlad