Re: Question about recent changes in xml-io.c

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:09:04PM +0200, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:
On Thu, 2001-06-14 at 17:36:59, Etsushi Kato wrote:

(...)
to cause this.  If I use res = xmlParseFile (filename) as old one, xml
file is parsed correctly as before.  I'd be happy if parsing become
correct with nice io progress bar:-)

I think it's a bug in gnome-xml (we're using push mode now and it seems to
work well only with iso1). I'll try to investigate this...

  The problem is that Gnumeric (like the rest of the Gnome project)
uses libxml version 1, it as huge flaws in I18N  handling. The push
parser of v1 is probably not very stable either. All this should improve
drastically when switching to version 2. In the meantime the latests
versions of v1 have a swicth to use a cleaner parser backported from
v2 a few months ago. This approach may work, but the parser will only
provide UTF8 strings. Maybe looking at it now will ease the migration to
libxml2, and provide a solution to the problem reported.

Daniel