Re: sticky rows and columns

   Hrm.  Would you mind if we upped that.  I think if it would be bad if
   gnumeric warned people if they were running an older version before we
   had the newer version available.  We tend to release every 6 months or
   so, and cut the CD a month before we ship.  Is nine months more
   reasonable?

I'm tempted to make it X months from the last date in ChangeLog at
the time of compilation.  Right now we are not protected against
stale, but re-compiled versions.

9 months compilation age + (say) 3 months source age is forever in
Gnumeric terms.  I am not sure I like that idea.

The warning reads...

    _("Thank you for using Gnumeric!\n"
    "\n"
    "The version of Gnumeric you are using is quite old\n"
    "by now.  It is likely that many bugs have been fixed\n"
    "and that new features have been added in the meantime.\n"
    "\n"
    "Please consider upgrading before reporting any bugs.\n"
    "Consult http://www.gnumeric.org/ for details.\n"
    "\n"
    "-- The Gnumeric Team."));

...I don't see why that would bother you -- we seem to be the ones geting
the bug reports.

(Ironically, the web page is stale.)

Morten