Re: Printing problem

Hello!

If this is not top-secret ;) can you send me your fontmap/fontmap2 file?
What I can tell about your problem description:

a) gnumeric starts - there is Helvetica in fontmap
b) Helvetica is in fontmap - Helvetica .afm file is OK
c) No text is printed - gnome-print cannot find/open/read corresponding
   .pfb file

I have heard about various gnome-print problems with SuSE (probably due
to the fact, that its directory layout differs from redhat/madrake camp)
- but these have always disappeared by reinstalling gnome-print - so I
have not got an opportunity to debug these :-(

Btw. The lates gnome-print is 0.29, which should be quite solid. But
it has higher library version number (0.15) than gnome-print-0.25
(0.11),
so be default installing it does not help gnumeric from Ximian gnome.
You can try to get 0.25 tarball and install it. If problem disappears,
it is probably packaging one.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski