Re: OK - I have gnumeric 0.67 installed?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:34:55PM -0400, Wayne wrote:

I have two questions.
1. On the "File" pull-down, I see an option Import and
I saw in the README under the topic Filters
- MS Excel Import/Export, does this mean that I use "Import"
to read a sheet that was created in Excel?
Hmm, good point.  I will rephrase that to save Read/Write.

Import applies to formats that we can not recognise easily.  For
things like xls files 'File -> Open' is sufficient.

2. While in the pull-down for "File" I also notice an option,
1 Open-order-template.xls, does this mean I select this
option first before reading a sheet from Excel?

No.  That is a file history.  As a convenience we keep track of the
last few files you have opened.  That way you can easily reopen them
later.  It has no bearing at all on enabling or disabling reading
xls files.

Hope that clarifies things,  I'll reword the README to make things
clearer.

    Jody