Text Importer redundancy?

Hey everyone,

I was submitting this as a suggested enhancement but thought I would ask
for people's assessment as users.

Is the column formatting part of the Text/Import dialog (druid) of use?

Right now, each column in the dialog has to be formatted separately.
Because of this, if one has to format multiple columns in the same way
it is much quicker to import into gnumeric, muti-select and then format.
Indeed, it occurs to me that it is always just as quick or quicker to
import then format than to use the third pane of the Text Importer druid
and then import. If there are no cases where formatting must occur
before import then I suggest doing away with this step entirely. It adds
an extra click to the import process (minor annoyance) and demands user
attention (bad).

If I am wrong, and there are cases where it's critical to format before
importing, then I'll simply suggest that the formatting allow the
selection of multiple columns at once. Otherwise, we can save a step on
import.

cheers along the way,
adrian