Re: Strange 0.75 text entry bug

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 10:03:08AM -0500, David Megginson wrote:
Gnumeric is performing strange case conversions on strings I type into
cells (whether the format is "general" or "text").

When I try to type "kCLge" into a blank cell, I end up with "KcLGE".
When I then edit the cell to try to put the case correct, I get
"kClge".  No matter how many times I edit, I cannot get to "kCLge";
similar problems happen for other mixed-case strings.

I finally had a look at this 'feature' and compared it to the XL
alternative.  They had very little to do with each other.
Indeed I could not see any instances where the 'correct accidental
use of Caps-Lock' would be useful as it was implemented.  Hence, it
has been deleted.

Sorry for the confusion,
    Jody