Re: Help set environmental variable

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:57:16PM +1000, Nick Croft wrote:

Greetings!
I'm wanting to save over a .xls file. The dialog warns that this is
disabled, and goes on to say

      "You can turn this safety feature off by setting the
      environmental variable GNUMERIC_ENABLE_XL_OVERWRITE".

I'm using bash. Would some kind soul please help me cast the right
spell to achieve this.

The best bet would be to edit
    ~/.profile or
    /etc/profic
and add the line
    export GNUMERIC_ENABLE_XL_OVERWRITE=1

All newly created shells will then have the variable set.  In future
versions of gnumeric Zbigniew has made life easier.  All you will
need to do is edit a plugin descriptor file.