Re: bug in functions 'roundup' and 'ceil'

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:50:34PM -0000, Morten Welinder wrote:
Therefore the "fix" is to be wrong on different numbers that most
users are not likely to stumble upon.

Perhaps someone who has Excel installed can reverse engineer the "fix"
used in Excel and we can try to match it in Gnumeric? My understanding
is that Gnumeric is trying first to be compatible with Excel, and
second to be a good spreadsheet in its own right; so since there's no
fix to this problem except teaching binary floating point math in
primary schools we should try to be broken in the same way as Excel :)

Nick.