Re: why no one anwsers my question?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 09:35:41PM +0200, Miernik wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jody Goldberg wrote:

You have just hit the oldest known bug in gnumeric.  I've just
modernized the implementation to support what you want but be warned

Is it included in gnumeric 0.68?
I patched it in CVS when I saw your report.

Change B1 and C1 recalculates
Change A1 or A2 (depending on B1) and it does not.

That's even better. Best would be tu turn auto reclculation off. When I
have a very large, multi sheet calc, like 10x1000 fields x 20 sheets, when
staroffice did autorecalc it took ages and was very annoing when I really
didnt need the sheet to recalculate.

There are 2 different issues here.  Gnumeric is wrong for both.
1) We don't yet support manual recalc.   It is a goal, but it is not
ready.

2) This is more than just switching to manual recalc.  Gnumeric does
not even realize that it should recalc when the content of the
indirect reference is changed.  I am unwilling to use the XL
solution of just marking indirect as a volatile function and always
recalculating it.