Freezing Panes

On 7-APR-2000, just over a year ago, Jody wrote that "freezing panes"
was on the to-do list and would certainly be done within six months.
That was before he had his values authoritatively reallocated ;-).

This is the feature I would most like to see next.  It is a pain, pun
intended, keeping track of which row/column an entry goes in once you
scroll past the headers.

Also, my application would work a lot better if I had 512 columns to
play with instead of the 256 I have in version 0.54 :-).

Any thoughts on when, if ever, these features might be addressed?

Thanks much,

Bob Washburne