truncating error with xls files

Hi,

I am using Gnumeric 0.56 (appears to be the latest) and I get the
following from stdout/stderr when viewing Excel docs.

Excel 97 +
FIXME: unicode support unimplemented: truncating

Gnumeric appears to work fine with the simple Excel files I have tried,
but I just wanted to know what is actually truncated?  I looked at the
bug list for this error with no matches. I got the file from a Windows
user so I will have to email him back if someone needs to know what
version of Excel was used.

And thanks all for a usable free Excel replacement !

Pat