Re: ui-extract.pl

On Sun, 2000-11-26 at 12:52:25, Kenneth Christiansen wrote:

(...)
MAybe you should recheckout your gnumeric. It DOES NOT generate an incomplete
gnumeric.pot - this has been comfirmed by manyt translators. Maybe it did
once, but it does not do now

I know you fixed your script few days ago. What I'm trying to say, we have
_two diffrent_ scripts extracting strings from .glade files now -
libglade-xgettext (part of libglade package) and ui-extract.pl (more general
script). As I said, IMO ui-extract.pl should just execute libglade-xgettext
and let it do its job. I'm almost sure we'll have more missing strings in
the future if only .glade xml format changes a bit.
OK, now you are quite sure your script outputs all strings. Lets check it
out!

cyba piast:~/tmp/gnumeric/po$ make gnumeric.pot
PATH=../po:../src:$PATH perl ../po/update.pl --headers
Found ui-extract.pl script
Running ui-extract...
Wrote ./tmp/advanced-filter.glade.h
Wrote ./tmp/analysis-tools.glade.h

cyba piast:~/tmp/gnumeric/po$ libglade-xgettext -p -o test.pot \
../src/dialogs/cell-format.glade

cyba piast:~/tmp/gnumeric/po$ grep 'msgid "$"' test.pot gnumeric.pot
test.po:msgid "$"

I don't see 'msgid "$"' in gnumeric.pot. It's _still_ incomplete!

Zbigniew

--
 "GNOME is an open, free, and productive desktop environment that sparks
  innovation and excitement among users and developers worldwide.