Re: ui-extract.pl

On Fri, 2000-11-24 at 22:19:57, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

(...)
It does not look like Gnumeric uses ui-extract at all.  But even if it
does, you should not be using ui-extract to extract the strings, you
should be listing in the po/POTFILES.in the .glade.h files that should
be generated for you by Glade.

Ofcourse it does:

cyba piast:~/tmp/gnumeric/po$ make gnumeric.pot
PATH=../po:../src:$PATH perl ../po/update.pl --headers
Found ui-extract.pl script
Running ui-extract...
Wrote ./tmp/advanced-filter.glade.h

If you want me not to use ui-extract to extract the strings, then please
modify gnumeric's Makefiles. I just type "make" like every gnumeric user.

BTW, as I told you long time ago, IMO .glade.h files should be always
generated at compile time (with libglade-xgettext tool). These files are
_autogenerated_ so why are you adding them to the repository?

If Glade is not generating the .glade.h file, is because you have not
set up your .glade file properly.

It's _not my_ .glade file! I'm saying about Gnumeric generating incomplete
gnumeric.pot from _its_ .glade files.

Zbigniew