Re: Gnumeric 0.57 - comment, request, and question.

Dear Charles,

One request though:  For Importing CSV files, would it be possible
to substitute the same Data-type selection Menu as appears
after the data is imported when Format>Cell is selected?  At least the
Data type and Alignment tabs.  As it stands there's no "Text"
data-type in the Import menu - you've got to import as "General"
and then correct this later.

When creating the CSV import we looked into this, but at that time
the cell format dialog very heavily dependent on other Gnumeric
infrastructure and we decided to go with the current solution.

However, the fact that you can't choose the "Text" data type seems weird
to me, probably a bug, I'll have a look at it.

Hopefully we can somehow revamp the cell format dialog so you can use
it for CSV imports, but due to the complexity of that dialog this will
probably not happen anytime soon and duplicating more features from
that dialog into the CSV importer seems less than ideal.

Question: Is there any basic reason why the number of columns
which can be simultaneously sorted is limited to 3?

No idea on this one :-) Probably someone else will have an answer
though.

Yours,

Almer S. Tigelaar