Re: Multibyte improvement - g_unichar_to_utf8()

This is an ad-hoc implimentation of nl_langinfo() for *BSD.
At least, it works on my FreeBSD machine.

I used #ifdef linux macro because in *BSDs don't have
nl_langinfo() func. It's a good idea to use improved funcs only with
linux or other OS with POSIX i18n frameworks implemented, but I also
suggest another idea to add nl_langinfo() with gnumeric just for *BSD.
I'll append them with the next mail.

In *BSD, there are some multibyte functions and locales from 4.4BSD
and they works but there isn't many functions that are defined by ISO/ANSI
and implemented in Linux/glibc or Sun Solaris. Shiozaki (some of you may know
as Xutf* guy...)and his team started 'Citrus project' to implement them for
*BSD, and results are now being merged into from NetBSD. So in the near future,
there will be no wall around i18n between *BSD and Linux at the source code level,
but currently it's not true.

So there are some policies to development GNOME apps:

1. Complete I18N but ignore *BSD
2. Development also for *BSD users, but just for single byte only.
3. Both
4. Neither

Patches and discussions will be changed along which policy the gnumeric
maintaniers will take.
(Most common policy in nowadays GNOME seems to be 4, though.)

---
Yukihiro Nakai, Red Hat Japan, Development