Re: suggestion to simplify the note window

On 27 March 2014 21:13, Aurimas Cernius <aurisc4 gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

> I have two (relative) difficulties with the current gnote UI: 1. I
> have difficulties to grab the header bar to move the window (too
> many buttons), and 2. once scrolled past the first line I don't see
> the note title anymore.

Yes, switching to header bar did introduce this issue. This is
something that should be improved in this release cycle.

I just built the latest, well done!

Luc

> This is a suggestion to solve these issues, especially by
> simplifying the note window UI, and somehow make it even more GNOME
> 3 alike:
>
> (use monospace font)
>

> +------------------------------------------------+ |[<]
> NOTE TILE          [Q][T][¤] X | |               notebook name
> | +------------------------------------------------+ |
> [Q:________________________<x 1 of 4] [^][v]  |
> |------------------------------------------------| |
> | |                                                |
>

> Header bar: similar to Web UI, show both the `NOTE TITLE`, and the
> `notebook name` (or `unfilled`) click on `notebook name` will open
> the notebook menu
>
> [Q] Search button: triggers the search bar
>
> [Q:_Search bar: similar to gedit search bar - Matches: display "n
> of m" matches - Up and Down buttons, rather than next/prev - No
> match: set a red background
>
> [T] Text menu: --> all that operates on the content of the note -->
> as it is now, with addition: ++ Link to new note ++ Insert
> timestamp
>
> [¤] Note menu: --> all that operates on the note as an object -->
> as it is now, with changes: ++ Mark as important ++ Delete note --
> Insert timestamp ++ Check spelling `Languages` menu
>

> Thoughts?

Looks quite good.
One more thing to consider is to use popover for some of the things
(i.e. actions, performed on selected text).

- --
Aurimas