text and audio notes

Hello gnote devs and users,

My name is Oleksij Rempel and i'm linux kernel developer. I use gnote and really like it. So thank you for your work!

I was working on gnome-sound-recorder: updating to gstreamer-1.0, doing some more cleaning and refactoring work and integrating methadata. Now i come to the stage where i think it should be integrated with some management software...

After some discussion on #gnote with Luc Pionchon, we found that workflow will decide what to do. So here is my:
mostly i use gnote and recorder for lectures:
- start recorder and gnote
- do some notices/anotations, add a timestamp to the text with ctrl+d
- if lecture is finished stop recording.
- if needed, do some transcription. Annotations will usually help to find correct place.

Since my version of recorder will create file name based on timestamp and even add ogg tag with exact time. It is relatively easy to find correct place. After discussion on irc we got idea to change time representation on recorder. So it should be not stream time: start 00:00:00 - end 01:30:22; but exact time: start 10:20:30 - end 11:10:20. In this this case it will be easy to sync with gnotes annotations.

For now, we did some changes in ogg specification to represent exact DATETIME in ogg - which is needed for voice/note recordings. I also added it to gstreamer-1.0. Probably even more updates will be needed.

It will be good if recorder will be integrated to gnote. Your comments and ideas are welcome.

--
Regards,
Oleksij