Re: Inconsistencies...

Hi,

gNote  has become an essential tool for me but there is one worrying
factor and that is what appears to be an inconsistency in copying the
.gnote file between computers or from a backup to a reinstalled system.

What version of Gnote do you use?

v0.7.1.1

That's an old version, it was released at the beginning of 2010.

Although not a "deal breaker" it would be nice to know why this is
happening and what I may be doing wrong for such a thing to occur.

Check your Gnote version and where the data lives. If I remember
correctly, it was at 0.7.x when data was migrated to ~/.local/share/gnote.

Ah! that was certainly the answer.  I have now copied the backup to
~/.local/share/gnote and all is well.  Thank you.

Can you give a time when the cvhange was made?  I ask because this is the
first time that what I have been doing didn't work.

In 0.7.0 release, which came out on the last day of 2009.

--
Aurimas