Re: Inconsistencies...

Hi,

gNote  has become an essential tool for me but there is one worrying factor
and that is what appears to be an inconsistency in copying the .gnote file
between computers or from a backup to a reinstalled system.

What .gnote file?
Gnote used to save notes to .gnote a long time ago, notes are saved to
~/.local/share/gnote for quite some time now.

When I do a reinstallation of SolusOS, or any other Linux distribution for
that matter, I install gNote and copy the .gnote hidden file to my new Home
folder.  I then launch gNote.  Sometimes all is well and I have all the data
in the .gnote file but at other times I find that gNote is treating it as a
completely "new" installation.

What version of Gnote do you use?

Although not a "deal breaker" it would be nice to know why this is happening
and what I may be doing wrong for such a thing to occur.

Check your Gnote version and where the data lives. If I remember
correctly, it was at 0.7.x when data was migrated to
~/.local/share/gnote.

--
Aurimas