Re: Gnote 0.8 broken?

Sk, 2011 09 25 20:07 +0100, Barry Jackson rašė:
> I have just updated to 0.8 using the package provided in Mageia Cauldron
> (dev) release.
> Gnote no longer launches to the system tray and so it's not readily
> available as it always has been in previous versions.

This is intentional change to align with GNOME 3 requirements.
You can enable old behaviour, see FAQ in manual.

> Also after searching for a note, right clicking the required result does
> not offer to open the note - the "open" option is greyed out, leaving
> only "new note" and "delete" as available options.

Worse, this menu item works only when multiple notes are selected. This
is a regression, likely introduced by new multi-note open feature.
Please, fill a bug report.
This version of Gnote has a lot of changes, so some regressions are
expected. I plan more frequent releases for nearest future, so this bug
hopefully won't last long.

> Double-clicking the result does open it, but I have got used to using
> the right click -> open over the years, as in earlier versions a double
> click would often crash gnote.

Unfortunately, you'll have to ues this for now. Since I don't remember
Gnote crashing on double click, perhaps this issue is gone long ago. If
it's not, fill a bug report.

> I have looked at the preferences and there are no visible options to
> change any of these odd behaviours.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,

Not all settings are available in preferences dialog. Some are intended
for advanced users only.

Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for quick feedback. Please, continue
to report any issues you encounter.

--
Aurimas