Re: Gnote Performance

> I tested it my small test program, which simply stores 1000 ramdom
> number as strings into trie. The benchmarks are:
>
> Original: 5-8 seconds (seems to depend a lot on actually generated
> numbers)
> libdatrie version: 0.002 seconds
> Your patch: 0.01 second
>

> The result is more than evident: the difference between current
> implementation and other two is extreme. The difference between
> libdatrie and your patch is meaningless by human standarts.
>
> I'll try to improve my test app to generate something more like text,
> but I don't expect something alike the numbers above.
>
> Since my version with libdatrie is incomplete and adds additional
> dependency (which I prefer to make optional), I see little point to
> continue working on it, while your patch should be applied anyway.

Thanks for testing it out. I also got some feedback from #fedora-desktop on
IRC that it does speed things up. Still feel free to let me know if there are
regressions.

Shall push the patches to git.gnome.org?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
There is no God, but I will pray for you, just in case.   -- Arjun Shankar