Re: Gnote Performance

Hi,

> I would like to draw your attention to the following two bugs (with patches):
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/660653

The corresponding Tomboy bug is among high priority ones to port, thanks
for the patch.

> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/660663

This patch should improve performance, the question is how much.
When I tried to profile Gnote with a lot of notes, it looked like Trie
is the major factor for performance. Each time note is
added/removed/renamed, the Trie structure gets rebuilt from scratch. I
have experimented a bit with libdatrie
(http://linux.thai.net/~thep/datrie/datrie.html), which has way better
performance, so I think of using it for our Trie.

> I think they improve the performance of Gnote for users with lots of notes. It
> would be good to know whether it significantly improves performance, or things
> are still slow.

I'll check that.
If it is still slow, libdatrie might help.

--
Aurimas