Re: Gnote icon not available in notification area

Hi,

> Earlier, once I invoked gnote, an icon was available in the
> notification area which can be used to re-launch gnote. This is not
> available now.

It still is available, only disabled by default. You can enable it, if
you want, see FAQ in manual on how to do this.

> Secondly, whenever I launch gnote it opens a window with all the notes
> and from there I can launch individual notes. But if I close the main
> window all the other gnote windows are closed. This is annoying and I
> have to keep the main window always opened.

At present Gnote uses Search All Notes as it's main window. In upcomming
release (0.8.2) Gnote will remain present while at least one of it's
windows is present. Enforcing presence of Search All Notes is not
required, since you can access it from any note window (there is a
button for that).
BTW, if you enable status icon, Gnote will behave as it did before.

> Are these bugs or expected behaviour?

Expected bahaviour. GNOME 3 suggests against use of status icon, that's
why it was removed from default configuration.

> P.S: I really liked the way in which gnome was a panel applet in
> gnome-2, it really kept users' focus on the recent notes which can be
> opened individually. But gnome-2 is not any more. :(

Gnote still can be used as an applet in fallback mode of GNOME 3. I
don't know, if it's possible with Fedora 16 package.
There is work in progress for better Gnote integration with GNOME 3 and
on synchronization support, so future is hopefully brighter than
present.

--
Aurimas