Re: Remove notes by terminal

Hello,

I'm sorry if I cut out most of your e-mail but I don't really have a
well-informed answer to give you for the part that I cut out.

On 11/24/2010 06:51 PM, Aaron Nieves Santana wrote:
> Next, I woukd like to know if there is (or there will be) a command to
> remove notes from terminal/console.
> Something simylar to *gnote --new-note [Name]*, but *gnote --remove-note
> [Name]*.

If I'm right, Gnote is like Tomboy on this matter and the command line
interface is quite rudimentary.
If you're interested, I have developed a command-line interface that
speaks with Gnote (and Tomboy) over dbus.

To delete notes, you would use it in the following manner:

    scout delete Name...

you can also use the --dry-run option to get a list of names of notes
that would get deleted by the command instead of really deleting the
notes right away.

You can find the code here:

https://github.com/lelutin/scout/

It was packaged in RPM and included in repositories for Fedora core 14
and 13. And I've made .deb packages for Ubuntu that you can find in my PPA :

https://launchpad.net/~gabriel-filion/+archive/scout

--
Gabriel Filion