Re: Saving addin status: help needed

Hi,

We need to save the status (enabled/disabled) of the addins when
exiting and read them on startup the way Tomboy saves them in
~/.config/tomboy/addin-db-001/config.xml. However, I am not an XML or
libxml expert. So if someone can help it will be highly appreciated.

This request seems to be quite old, but still seems to be up to date.
I'm trying to make disabling addins work. Still in early steps, so no promises.

Here are some issues I've run into:
1) Should we save addin states to ~/.config/gnote/addin-db-001/config.xml ? The question is mostly about addin-db-001 subdirectory. I don't think it's necessairy, we can place config.xml into addins subdirectory. 2) Where should live the default config? In Tomboy some addins are disabled by default, I think this sould be placed somewhere in share subdirectory of install directory. 3) Should we keep the same config.xml format? The Tomboy format looks like this:
<Configuration>
  <AddinStatus>
    <Addin id="Tomboy.NoteOfTheDayAddin,0.1" enabled="True" />
  </AddinStatus>
</Configuration>

Should we keep the same id for addinds ('Tomboy.NoteOfTheDayAddin,0.1'). It can be simplyfied to NoteOfTheDayAddin. In order to support version, an addin needs to be loaded, as there seems to be no way to get addin version without loading it. Can we drop the version check?

--
Aurimas