Re: Gnote and GNOME 3

Hi,

GNOME Shell is replacing metacity and the GNOME Panel in GNOME 3.0
release.  GNOME Shell has no applet support and I think Gnote will have
to integrate with GNOME Shell as a extension instead.   Some details
from Owen Taylor from the Red Hat Desktop team,  lead developer of GNOME
Shell at

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-April/msg00071.html

Not sure exactly what Tomboy is planning on doing but it would be useful
to get a head start on doing this.  I suppose I could split up applet
support into a sub package in Fedora to allow users who will want to
continue using the GNOME panel and metacity  to still get Gnote support.

I'm trying GNOME Shell at the moment. You can start Gnote at login and it's icon will appear in notification area with all gnote functionality. Maybe this is the solution?

--
Aurimas