Add-in Request: Arbitrary keyword linking

It would be very useful to create arbitrary regular expressions or globs that could be turned into links.  Sort of like the bugzilla plugin but more generalized.

Please excuse me if this is not the right place for this email.  I would be glad to know where to submit it instead but did not find that readily when I looked.

Examples
--
Ticket: ABC123
Pattern: /Ticket: (\w+\d+)$/