Re: [gnomemm] gnomemm tutorial

schizoping <schizoping libero it> writes:

> Hi to all, i' m trying to learn how to use gnonėmemm libs. I' ve
> followed the gtkmm tutorial and i' m now looking for a gnomemm
> tutorial, but foud nothing. I' ve tyied to build some "skin" of
> very simple programs with glademm and study its, but it' s not so
> easy for me!

There really isn't one. But the idea is simple:

  1. Build the interface with Glade.

  2. Save it as an XML file and load it with libglademm.

  3. Fetch a pointer to each of the widgets you need to connect
     signals to (e.g. buttons) from the Xml object you got from

  4. Then connect the signals to callback methods and you're basically
     done.

You could take a look at Murray's PrefixSuffix for an example (if you
can read his camel notation):

  http://prefixsuffix.sf.net

I've also participated in discussions on this list about this before -
you could find it by looking in the archives (but don't use the
search, it is broken). Now my exams are over, I will hopefully find
some time to write an article about it.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/