RE: [gnomemm] Bonobomm/Gnome-vfsmm

> From: Vladislav Grinchenko [mailto:vgrinche integ com]
> CORBA has pretty steep learning curve - but, I guess, there is no way
> around in GNOME world 'cause its all based on it.

Actually very little in GNOME uses CORBA, and it will probably be even less
in future. Hopefully we will use it where it is helpful and not where it's
not.

This is good news, because implementing our own C++ CORBA mapping is
difficult.

> A good
> starting point
> would be to read "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++" by
> Henning/Vinoski. You don't need all of it, but some key
> chapters such as
> IDL and C++ mapping. I myself just started on it.

Yes, that's the definitive book:
http://www.gtkmm.org/books.shtml

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net