[gnomemm] gnomevfsmm TODO and questions

Hey all, I just made a big commit on gnomevfsmm which wraps almost all of the MIME
functions.  Murray has requested to see the TODO file for gnomevfsmm, so I figured other
people may want to see it.  Well, here it is in all its glory:

0. Documentation, documentation, documentation:
    a) I hate sparsely documented libs/programs/etc. so this will not be a problem
       with my stuff.  Please, if you have doc suggestions, file a bug!  If our
       wording improves on the gnome-vfs docs, file a bug with the gnome-vfs project
       as well.  If you don't document, you will get an email asking for it :).
    b) If you don't understand wrapping, or simply just want to do documents, please
check
       out docs/undocumented to see what you can document.  Thank you!

1. Finish Mime stuff:
    a) finish MimeAction
      i) how do we go about getting the component info from this class? (Bowie??)
      ii) all functions dealing with the action need to be wrapped.
    b) finish MimeMonitor
      i) what is this used for and how is it used?
      ii) wrap the functions that use this (if there are any).
    c) convenience methods??
      i) a lot of functions in Gnome::Vfs::ApplicationRegistry and Gnome::Vfs::Mime
         could also be/should be methods of MimeApplication; do we want to make
convenience
         methods and make life easier on developers??
      ii) if these are going to be true "object oriented" bindings, I think we should
          make most of these ApplicationRegistry and Mime functions that act on
MimeApplication
          members into methods; that way they are actually actions/tests of the objects
they
          work on.
    d) Examples!!
      i) write examples that uses most of the commonly used methods.
      ii) comment examples EXTENSIVELY... don't just tell what you are doing
          in the examples; tell WHY you are doing it.  This helps newbies out.

2. Start Xfer class/namespace.

3. Start Async class/namespace.

As you can see, I have a lot of expectations for this module.  Before I go any further, I
would like to discuss what to do about some functions in the Mime and ApplicationRegistry
namespaces.  It seems to me that a lot of these functions work with an "application id"
which is obtained from either MimeApplication or a couple of functions in the
ApplicationRegistry namespace.  My question is, should we make what I would call
"convenience methods" for MimeApplication that use the registry and mime functions from
gnome-vfs?  To me, this makes sense, but I want other people's opinions.  Please look at
the current cvs to see if this would be more intuitive.  Also, Murray, could you update
the docs on the webpage so my doc changes are up.  Thanks.  Also, thanks in advance for
any response I get to this email.  Any help is appreciated!